Robotrontechnik-Forum

Registrieren || Einloggen || Hilfe/FAQ || Suche || Mitglieder || Home || Statistik || Kalender || Admins Willkommen Gast! RSS

Robotrontechnik-Forum » Technische Diskussionen » Help with 1715 boot disk » Themenansicht

Autor Thread - Seiten: -1-
15.07.2018, 01:56 Uhr
ppieczul

Hi,
Several questions in my post below I do hope you can help me, as I am pretty puzzled.

I have one robotron 1715 which seems to be fine, but no boot disk. It tries to boot from internal floppies indefinitely. With a disk in, at each attempt it moves the head to the most outward sector and then back to around the middle. Is that the expected behavior?

It also has only one ROM chip where there are two ROM sockets side by side. The left socket looking with front up and back down is empty.

I have also two other 1715’s which have dead motherboards. They both have two ROMs where my first board has only one. What is the purpose of the missing ROM and is this correct or not?

I tried the disk controllers from the dead computers in the working one. All controllers look similar but one of them has socketed ROM chips. All computers use taec drives.

These both controllers light the drive leds in turns indefinitely as the first one. But one of them does not move the head at all, even if I move it manually it will not return it to the desired track. I assume it is broken, is that right?

The other controller moves the head to the most outwards track but does not return it to the middle of the disk, like the first controller does. Which behavior is correct?

Also, what is the best working procedure to create a 1715 boot disk using a vintage pc? And which are the good images to use?

Any help is very needed and highly appreciated.

Thank you very much
Pawel
Seitenanfang Seitenende
Profil || Private Nachricht || Suche Zitatantwort || Editieren || Löschen
15.07.2018, 10:19 Uhr
w3llschmidt

Hi Pawel,

for a first test you can boot the 1715 via V24 ...

http://oldcomputer.info/8bit/robo1715/index.htm#joy
--
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://twitter.com/w3llschmidt | P8000 | PDP11/73 | PC1715 | MircoVAX III
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dieser Beitrag wurde am 15.07.2018 um 10:21 Uhr von w3llschmidt editiert.
Seitenanfang Seitenende
15.07.2018, 12:44 Uhr
holm

..wer macht denn die oldcomputer.info Seite? Da steht 2,25Mhz Takt für den 1715...

Gruß,

Holm
--
float R,y=1.5,x,r,A,P,B;int u,h=80,n=80,s;main(c,v)int c;char **v;
{s=(c>1?(h=atoi(v[1])):h)*h/2;for(R=6./h;s%h||(y-=R,x=-2),s;4<(P=B*B)+
(r=A*A)|++u==n&&putchar(*(((--s%h)?(u<n?--u%6:6):7)+"World! \n"))&&
(A=B=P=u=r=0,x+=R/2))A=B*2*A+y,B=P+x-r;}
Seitenanfang Seitenende
Seiten: -1-     [ Technische Diskussionen ]  

Robotrontechnik-Forum